High Temperature Safety Surveys
High Temperature Safety Surveys for Overheat Protection
Reducing the risk of scalding from overheated hot water
Valveforce undertake a full survey of the existing high limit protection devices that are installed within your plant rooms.
Using the very latest test equipment we are able to independently test all of the leading manufacture’s high limit protection valves and thermostats and prove they are tripping at the critical temperature set point.
Valveforce would recommend an annual survey to be carried out by our skilled specialist team. This will ensure all equipment is working and proven to the recommended set point preventing the potential for dangerous situations occurring.
Introducing our safety survey into your planned maintenance programme gives you the peace of mind that you are protecting employees and visitors to the hospital against the potential hazards of scalding, whilst working towards your obligations as set out in HSE information sheet No 6.
Our High Temperature Safety Survey is part of a full range of products and services put together specifically to support the Hospitals and the NHS.
Implementing our safety survey into your planned maintenance programme gives you the peace of mind that you are protecting employees and visitors to the hospital against the potential hazards of scalding.
The benefits of a Valveforce Overheat Survey
What we deliver
- An overall appreciation of your heat exchange control equipment and recommendations
- Detailed inspection of the control system to ensure everything is installed and set up correctly
- Critical set point proving and testing using the latest calibrated test equipment
- Independent experienced steam and process valve specialist carrying out the survey
- Tested in accordance with the manufacture’s guidelines and installation recommendations
- Labelling of each system with test date, together with a full and detailed report
- A test certificate as written proof of the survey together with the test criteria and results
Reasons to work with us
- Highlights potentially dangerous Health & Safety issues on site
- Meet your legal duties as set out in the Health & Safety guidelines No 6
- Non-intrusive work so there is no interference with the hot water system
- Use our valve and steam systems experts to free up your own team
- All manufacturers protection devices can be surveyed, tested and reported on
Health Services Information Sheet No. 6
HSE managing the risks from hot water and surfaces in health and social care. The HSE document states the following:
- A risk assessment of the premises should be carried out to identify what controls are necessary and how the systems will be managed and maintained
- Controls to manage the risk from hot water or surfaces should be adequately maintained
- Maintenance schedules should take into account local conditions and the risk of valves failure
This information should be read in conjunction with the Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 04 – 01 The control of legionella, hygiene, “safe” hot water.